POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : magic mesh keyword Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  magic mesh keyword (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Phil Clute
Subject: magic mesh keyword
Date: 18 Feb 2003 19:35:04
Message: <3e52d138@news.povray.org>
I have a head model made in spatch/hammapatch
that, once scaled down, has a hole in the face.
I seem to recall a fix for this but I can't remember
what.

--
Phil

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: magic mesh keyword
Date: 19 Feb 2003 05:40:16
Message: <3e535f10@news.povray.org>
Phil Clute <pcl### [at] tiacnet> wrote:
> I have a head model made in spatch/hammapatch
> that, once scaled down, has a hole in the face.
> I seem to recall a fix for this but I can't remember
> what.

  Don't scale it down? ;)

From: Phil Clute
Date: 19 Feb 2003 14:55:08
Message: <3e53e11c$1@news.povray.org>
smart ass ;)

--
Phil

Post a reply to this message

From: idoit
Date: 19 Feb 2003 15:40:28
Message: <web.3e53eb67804608c93221eade0@news.povray.org>
Phil Clute wrote:
>I have a head model made in spatch/hammapatch
>that, once scaled down, has a hole in the face.
>I seem to recall a fix for this but I can't remember
>what.
>
>Phil

I remember reading that these problems often occur due to roundof errors
(and i have experienced simmilar problems that occured when changeing
the detail-level when describing a surface - i.e. for triangles at
a specific size caused strange lines in my surfaces).

The remedy was to change the scale factor a little bit (either up or down).

If this does not work, you could laborate with moving the camera back
instaed of scaling down the picture

Hope any of the above  works in your case,

Jan

Post a reply to this message