POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh weathering? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh weathering? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Timothy R  Cook
Subject: Mesh weathering?
Date: 27 Dec 2002 22:11:49
Message: <3e0d1675@news.povray.org>
Suppose I have a 3d mesh.  I wish to erode said mesh such that the end
result is as though the mesh were made of material Y and exposed
to element F for period of time D.

Ideas?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Daniel Matthews
Subject: Re: Mesh weathering?
Date: 28 Dec 2002 03:05:20
Message: <1094075.cuYhb7zInl@3-e.net>
Timothy R. Cook wrote:

> Suppose I have a 3d mesh.  I wish to erode said mesh such that the end
> result is as though the mesh were made of material Y and exposed
> to element F for period of time D.
>
> Ideas?

Mesh subdivision and rounding weighted by normal average for shapes sharing
a given point AND measure of surface convexity

i.e. round off the sharp bits that point up.
:o)

--
Your connection failed because: Maintenance window broken

Post a reply to this message

>Suppose I have a 3d mesh.  I wish to erode said mesh such that the end
>result is as though the mesh were made of material Y and exposed
>to element F for period of time D.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Tim Cook
>http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

See   "Modeling and rendering of weathered stone",  Julie Dorsey, Alan

SIGGRAPH 1999

Ask by mail if you want a PDF of it.

Alex

Post a reply to this message

From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 28 Dec 2002 04:18:39
Message: <3e0d6c6f@news.povray.org>
Use ZBrush!

Post a reply to this message

From: Lenx
Date: 28 Dec 2002 06:30:03
Message: <web.3e0d8a1afeb8ca84de2a6cfb0@news.povray.org>
Alex wrote:
>Timothy R. Cook wrote:
>>Suppose I have a 3d mesh.  I wish to erode said mesh such that the end
>>result is as though the mesh were made of material Y and exposed
>>to element F for period of time D.
>>
>>Ideas?
>>
>>Tim Cook
>>http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com
>>
>See   "Modeling and rendering of weathered stone",  Julie Dorsey, Alan

>SIGGRAPH 1999
>
>Ask by mail if you want a PDF of it.
>
>Alex

i want a pdf of that, but i don't know your email...
i know i'm stupid :s

Post a reply to this message

From: Alessandro Morelli
Date: 28 Dec 2002 10:36:46