POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Density given by a function Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Density given by a function (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jellby
Subject: Density given by a function
Date: 26 Dec 2002 13:35:01
Message: <3e0b4bd5@news.povray.org>
Hello,

It seems it's not possible to have media density defined by an arbitrary
function, it can use a pattern, but not a user-defined function. Having
this feature would be useful for plotting 3D functions, as an alternative
to isosurfaces. Is there any practical reason for this limitation? Any
patch supporting this feature? Any chance of having it implemented in a
future?

Thanks.

--

Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)
PGP Pub Key ID: 0x01A95F99 (pgp.escomplinux.org)

Post a reply to this message

> It seems it's not possible to have media density defined by an arbitrary
> function, it can use a pattern, but not a user-defined function.

Function patterns work great as media density patterns. What made you
think otherwise?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/