POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Density given by a function : Re: Density given by a function Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Density given by a function
From: Jellby
Date: 26 Dec 2002 14:02:15
Message: <3e0b5236@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3e0b4bd5@news.povray.org>, Jellby <jel### [at] M-yahoocom>
> wrote:
>
>> It seems it's not possible to have media density defined by an arbitrary
>> function, it can use a pattern, but not a user-defined function.
>
> Function patterns work great as media density patterns. What made you
> think otherwise?

Damn! I was was just going to say "Forget it, I'm dumb".

I guess I forgot/didn't know about the function pattern, so when I saw media
density needed a pattern, I thought a function wasn't possible. Anyway, as
I was going to write at first: Forget it, I'm dumb :)

Now I have to find out a decent scaling...

Thanks again

--

Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)
PGP Pub Key ID: 0x01A95F99 (pgp.escomplinux.org)