POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow not what I expected? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Shadow not what I expected? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Quietman
Subject: Shadow not what I expected?
Date: 8 Dec 2002 15:21:38
Message: <3df3a9d2@news.povray.org>
Anyone know why I dont get an orange shadow from this scene?

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1
  max_trace_level 8
  photons {
    spacing 1/10
  }
}

// camera

camera {
  location <-10, 16, 30>
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
  angle 40
}

// lights

light_source {
  <50, 100, 0>
  color White
  spotlight
  radius 0
  falloff 90
  tightness 60
}

// floor

plane {
  y, 0
  pigment {
    checker Gray25, Gray75
    scale 4
  }
  finish {
    reflection 1/5
    specular 1
    roughness 1/50
  }
}

// object - glass

#declare GAP = 1e-10;

merge {
  torus {
    3.8, 0.2
    translate <0, 8, 0>
  }
  difference {
    cylinder {
      <0, 0 + GAP, 0>, <0, 8, 0>, 4
    }
    cylinder {
      <0, 0.8, 0>, <0, 9, 0>, 3.6
    }
  }
  pigment {
    color rgb <0.98, 1, 0.98>
    filter 0.98
  }
  finish {
    reflection 1/8
    specular 1
    roughness 1/50
  }
  interior {
    ior 1.5
  }
  photons {
    target
    reflection on
    refraction on
  }
  translate <-2, 0, 5>
}

// object - liquid

cylinder {
  <0, 0.8 + GAP, 0>, <0, 5, 0>, 3.6 - GAP
  pigment {
    color Orange
    filter 1/2
  }
  interior {
    ior 1.33
  }
  finish {
    reflection 1/3
    specular 1
    roughness 1/50
  }
  photons {
    target
    reflection on
    refraction on
  }
  translate <-2, 0, 5>
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Lenx
Subject: Re: Shadow not what I expected?
Date: 8 Dec 2002 16:40:04
Message: <web.3df3bbae5b81797ede2a6cfb0@news.povray.org>
Quietman wrote:
>Anyone know why I dont get an orange shadow from this scene?

i don't have an orange shadow when i render this (adding } } at the end of
the file)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 8 Dec 2002 17:18:19
Message: <3DF3C591.78DB9938@pacbell.net>
Quietman wrote:

> Anyone know why I dont get an orange shadow from this scene?

You are getting an orange colored caustic but you are hiding it
under the glass. Try moving the light source.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message