POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Rohan Bernett
Subject: Feature requests
Date: 9 Sep 2002 02:35:04
Message: <web.3d7c3fe93a4d0e17d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
Here are a couple of features that should be included in POV-Ray 4.0

Bi-cubic texture filtering -- looks one hell of a lot better than bilinear,
I can't understand why this hasn't been added yet.

More transparency options for true colour image maps -- eg. set one colour
to transparent, allow loading of a transparency map.

Fixes for the glitches mentioned in the QandT section of the help files.

Fix for the photons glitch I mentioned in an earlier post.

Hopefully the POV-Team should be able to implement these in the next version
(although it would be nice to have a little update for v3.5 adding the
bicubic filtering).

If anyone else gets any ideas, how about posting them in replies to this
post? That would keep all the feature requests together, make things nice
and neat.

Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message

> Bi-cubic texture filtering -- looks one hell of a lot better than bilinear,
> I can't understand why this hasn't been added yet.

Because nobody implemented it yet?

> More transparency options for true colour image maps -- eg. set one colour
> to transparent, allow loading of a transparency map.

POV-Ray supports alpha channels in most image formats.  Please check the
documentation.

> Fixes for the glitches mentioned in the QandT section of the help files.
>
> Fix for the photons glitch I mentioned in an earlier post.

Why would these two be feature requests?  In the past, has each version of
POV-Ray not included fixes for bugs found in earlier versions or revisions?

Apart from this, you can hardly be less precise the way you formulated the
above...

> Hopefully the POV-Team should be able to implement these in the next version

Why not implement it yourself?  The source code is available, no need to
wait for the POV-Team ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde