POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests : Re: Feature requests Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature requests
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Sep 2002 04:00:12
Message: <3d7c550c@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3d7c3fe93a4d0e17d02c7b870@news.povray.org> , "Rohan Bernett"
<rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Bi-cubic texture filtering -- looks one hell of a lot better than bilinear,
> I can't understand why this hasn't been added yet.

Because nobody implemented it yet?

> More transparency options for true colour image maps -- eg. set one colour
> to transparent, allow loading of a transparency map.

POV-Ray supports alpha channels in most image formats.  Please check the
documentation.

> Fixes for the glitches mentioned in the QandT section of the help files.
>
> Fix for the photons glitch I mentioned in an earlier post.

Why would these two be feature requests?  In the past, has each version of
POV-Ray not included fixes for bugs found in earlier versions or revisions?

Apart from this, you can hardly be less precise the way you formulated the
above...

> Hopefully the POV-Team should be able to implement these in the next version

Why not implement it yourself?  The source code is available, no need to
wait for the POV-Team ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde