POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : EXPLOSION TIME!!! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:09:45 EDT (-0400)
  EXPLOSION TIME!!! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: St
Subject: EXPLOSION TIME!!!
Date: 4 Sep 2002 14:46:51
Message: <3d76551b@news.povray.org>
Heh, sorry for the 'over-imaginative' title guys...

  Ok, I'm working on a space scene with a small battle going on between a few
spacecraft. What I want to know is: What is the best way to create a small
explosion in the distance (10-20miles?) as if one of the ships got hit and
destroyed?

     I guess a bit of media would be involved but any hints or tips would be
welcome.

     Thanks.

         ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 19:46:13 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> I guess a bit of media would be involved but any hints or tips would be
> welcome.

try http://news.povray.org/search/?s=explosion

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>   Ok, I'm working on a space scene with a small battle going on between a few
> spacecraft. What I want to know is: What is the best way to create a small
> explosion in the distance (10-20miles?) as if one of the ships got hit and
> destroyed?
>
>      I guess a bit of media would be involved but any hints or tips would be
> welcome.

Many moons ago, H.E. Day posted an explaosion animation in
povray.binaries.animation which used media.  You might want to have a
look for it there.

Jamie.

Post a reply to this message