POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with Media... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:09:20 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with Media... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Christian
Subject: Problems with Media...
Date: 4 Sep 2002 14:00:10
Message: <web.3d7649c5ab826a56483985df0@news.povray.org>
Hi, guys! Christian again...

Thanks for those guys who guided me in my first message!

(Cocodrile what??!!)

Well, the tittle says it. Media is getting on my nerves!

I tried to make that classic scene: A street light (modelled with Wings3D)
(I meant "Poste de Luz"... a little spanish to you people :)) that casted
light over the street (redundant, right?) with fog, causing a "volume of
light" (at least this is how it is called in MAX) effect. So i created a
transparent box with media. But... the horror: it took about 6 hours to
render a horrible mass of whiteness...

I teawked the parameters, but it got worst! And worst! Tried to turn
"emmiting media" to a very low value, but certainly it became awfuller!

(Of course, used no radiosity... it'd have slowed things down a lot... Am I
right?)

How may i fix that? I'm sure it was the media, because I commented it and
rendered fine.

If it comes fine, that'll be my first post in the images section... well,
got others... but they're too simple.

Well, nothing else. Bye, bye!

Post a reply to this message