POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Stop Render Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: Stop Render (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Stop Render
Date: 1 Sep 2002 01:20:18
Message: <pan.2002.09.01.05.19.33.859958.215@gte.net>
On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 06:35:40 -0400, Tim Nikias quoth:

> You can always continue the trace with +C, so what's the big deal?

Ten hours of parsing?

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 3 Sep 2002 09:57:55
Message: <3d74bfe3$1@news.povray.org>
Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message
news:pan### [at] gtenet...

> Ten hours of parsing?

Damn! What kinds of operations are you doing for ten hours? I did a sort of
about 100k vertices this weekend and though that was long at 8 minutes!

If I had to guess, I'd say you were doing some type of guess and check
placement algorithm or some type of incremental function minimizing
operation.

Just curious.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message