POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look (Message 149 to 158 of 178)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
Date: 3 Sep 2002 04:26:16
Message: <3d747228@news.povray.org>
In article <3d741689@news.povray.org> , "Pandora"
<pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:

>     It all comes down to where you personally feel "Layout" fits into this
> picture. As I said above, Warp and I see the structural elements of "Layout"
> as being the more important, whereas, I think, you see the "Style" elements
> of "Layout" as being more important, yes ?

Well, what you defined as "style" I indeed see as a part of "layout". Yet
"alyout" is a bit more.  Like spaces betwene paragraphs and such.  Let me
roughly define "layout" as "style" and "format" in the sense as these two
words are used i.e. in word processing applications.  However, this is not
exact enough (see below).

> "Layout" as being more akin with "Style", whereas myself and Warp see
> "Layout" as being more akin with "Structure" - with the "Style" part of
> "Layout" being optional.

Yes, whereas I follow the authors of the HTML specification in the
separation of "structure" and what they call "presentation" in some
locations.  Or back to simplicity of the definition:  Everything that you
can put in a CSS file I consider "layout", and everything that you put into
an HTML file **minus** the things that are already have in the CSS file are
"structure".

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde