POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Tom Melly
Date: 3 Sep 2002 06:05:50
Message: <3d74897e$1@news.povray.org>
news:3d73e4c8@news.povray.org...

<snip>

Thorsten, I'm confused by your attitude towards CSS.

Used well, CSS moves all style and design decisions into the CSS, leaving the
HTML content of the page much "purer" than it would have been without CSS (by
which I mean web-designers would have been forced to implement style via HTML
kludges).

Used well, it should be possible for any user to view a CSS based website,
irrespective of whether their browser supports CSS or not (since, without CSS
support, the website should be perfectly structured HTML).

The only bad bit of CSS is when it is used to modify the flow of the document,
since at that point the site will break when viewed through a non-CSS supporting
browser*.

CSS reduces clutter, bandwidth and restores to HTML its primary role.

* BTW MS were particularily guilty of this sin in some of the tutorials on CSS
that were offered on their site - I assume that these have now been removed,
'cos they were bloody awful.