POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blob- No pigment type warning Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  blob- No pigment type warning (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: Re: blob- No pigment type warning
Date: 18 Aug 2002 06:20:34
Message: <3d5f74f2@news.povray.org>
>   It's just a harmless bug. Shouldn't affect rendering in any way.

I wouldn't call it a bug ...
The BLOB-Object has no pigment ... so it complains ...
does it also complain, if there's a #default given?

if so, then I think one could talk about a mistake in the
design, but as it stands atm I think it should complain
even if all the components have a pigment attached, because
the warning isn't thrown by a component, that complains
about a missing pigment but it comes from the blob, which
has, in fact no pigment ...

Post a reply to this message

"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message
> >   It's just a harmless bug. Shouldn't affect rendering in any way.

I see nothing wrong with the completed render.

> I wouldn't call it a bug ...
> The BLOB-Object has no pigment ... so it complains ...
> does it also complain, if there's a #default given?

No. I had removed a #default texture and then noticed this warning.
Adding a pigment{rgb 0} outside the sphere components removes the
warning but slows the render.

Alf

Post a reply to this message

> > >   It's just a harmless bug. Shouldn't affect rendering in any way.
>
> I see nothing wrong with the completed render.

there shouldn't be anything wrong ...

> > I wouldn't call it a bug ...
> > The BLOB-Object has no pigment ... so it complains ...
> > does it also complain, if there's a #default given?
>
> No. I had removed a #default texture and then noticed this warning.
> Adding a pigment{rgb 0} outside the sphere components removes the
> warning but slows the render.

really ... this is interesting ...
Are you really sure about the slowdown?
this could really be a misdesign then ...

... but I'm not programmer enough, to prove that ...

Post a reply to this message