POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WorldMachine to POV Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  WorldMachine to POV (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: =RAY=
Subject: Re: WorldMachine to POV
Date: 6 Aug 2002 09:40:23
Message: <web.3d4fd17abaf777fe264908380@news.povray.org>
Abe wrote:
>I jump through the following hoops (and not always w/o tripping):
>WM -> save as *.TER
>Terragen -> load then save in *.RAW format (16 bit, Motorola byte order)
>HCR-Edit -> load then save as *.PNG, *.TGA, etc...
>
>.....you asked.
>
>Abe
>
>Slime wrote:
>>Does anyone know of any conversion utility that can take one of
>>WorldMachine's 16-bit (or more) output formats (Such as Terragen TER) and
>>convert it to a format that POV-Ray can read (without returning to 8 bits)?
>>
>> - Slime

There are some Terragen export plugins (SOPack) for POV-Ray HFs, BMPS, ect,
but I'm not sure about the 16 bit aspect.

=RAY=

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Aug 2002 16:40:58
Message: <anc0lukdgcvjrv7hmsqlb7gcoc9d105vgm@4ax.com>
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:06:57 -0400, "Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any conversion utility that can take one of
>WorldMachine's 16-bit (or more) output formats (Such as Terragen TER) and
>convert it to a format that POV-Ray can read (without returning to 8 bits)?

Yes, today my brother wrote two utilities - one converts the 32-bit
float format from WM to 16-bit raw integer (that PhotoShop can read),
and the other converts from that to PNG. He's merging them into one at
the moment, cleaning up and adding a more user-friendly set of
command-line switches. Expect the source really soon, and if we can
get our hands on Borland C++ 5.5, a Windows binary (you can always
build your own Linux one if you want to).

The utilities work and I'm already using them :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

> The utilities work and I'm already using them :)

Send send!!! =)

That'd be great if I could use those...

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]