POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WorldMachine to POV : Re: WorldMachine to POV Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WorldMachine to POV
From: Hugo
Date: 9 Aug 2002 06:27:48
Message: <3d539924@news.povray.org>
> > 2) Load into Wilbur. Expand range of values 0 to 1
> >      into 0 - 65535
> I couldnt find any referance to expanding the range of values...
> Could you tell me how it is done? Please? Thanks.

Hmm, you have downloaded Wilbur, I suppose? I found out, that simply loading
and exporting the file won't give you a nice 16bit image for POV.. I guessed
that expanding the values would solve the problem, and it did.. Here's how
to do it:

Load the file.

Go to menu: Surface / Point Process / Scale

In the popup window, select scaling type: To Range

Enter the values 65535 as "Highest" and 0 as "Lowest"

Click Ok.

Save the file as "POV Targa surface 16bit".

And by the way, there won't be any visible change of the image in Wilbur,
after you scaled it. But there will be a big difference in POV!  ;o)

Regards,
Hugo