POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : slashdotted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  slashdotted (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Dave VanHorn
Subject: Re: slashdotted
Date: 12 Jul 2002 10:41:05
Message: <3d2eea81$1@news.povray.org>
>   Hmmm.... perhaps not? Is nice to have a lisence that confuses stupid
> people: that prevents them from using POV-Ray and haging here with even
> more stupid questions. Nice, isn't? :)

I hope chris has reworded it, so as to prevent another rip-off like
"win-render 2000" from Wingear.

They were selling Pov as their own thing, but when you load the disk, you
discover it's pov.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 12 Jul 2002 13:47:21
Message: <3d2f1629$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3d2d5876@news.povray.org> , "Rick [Kitty5]"
> <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:
>
>> look what it did to me! - this is all from the banner ad you have for
>> povray.co.uk
>>
>> http://v1.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=282010&name=povray
>
> Wow, looks just like the povray.org stat graphs...
>
> Be glad that the hit rate on banner ads is so "low", if everybody who
> visited povray.org had clicked it you would have had to add two more
> zeros to your number of visits ;-)

and I fear the old data routines and access would have had a heart attack!

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key

---