POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : slashdotted : Re: slashdotted Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slashdotted
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Jul 2002 04:11:06
Message: <3d2fe09a@news.povray.org>
In article <3D2### [at] videotronca> , Francois Labreque
<fla### [at] videotronca>  wrote:

> That's all fine and dandy, but what happens when someone "forgets" to
> put a snailmail address?  How exactly do you go about finding them?

Well, in that case we have the distributor who is selling software that
breaks the law by selling illegal copies of the software.  In the USA the
DMCA will take care of the rest.

Not to mention regular and simple license violations are serious business in
nearly all countries as well, even without something like the DMCA...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde