POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : refracted/reflected light not attenuated Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  refracted/reflected light not attenuated (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Apache
Subject: refracted/reflected light not attenuated
Date: 6 Jul 2002 22:32:37
Message: <3d27a845$1@news.povray.org>
From the POV-Ray for Windows Help 6.5.7.9 Light Fading:
"You should note two important facts: First, for Fade_Distance larger than
one the light intensity at distances smaller than Fade_Distance actually
increases. This is necessary to get the light source color if the distance
traveled equals the Fade_Distance. Second, only light coming directly from
light sources is attenuated. Reflected or refracted light is not attenuated
by distance."

My question:
Is it possible to circumvent this and get reflected or refracted light
attenuated by distance?

--
Apache
POV-Ray Cloth experiments: http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/