POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : liquid Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  liquid (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: liquid
Date: 18 Jun 2002 11:47:10
Message: <3d0f55fe@news.povray.org>
I am currently using liquid spray to create molten metal. I know I could go
in and add to it to make it do what I want but I am wondering if anyone has
updated it to 3.5 or made a different one. I need to put lights at points
with in the flow. I was hoping to randomly pick centers of blobs to add
lights to. I do not want to put lights at every blob. That would make the
rendering to slow.

The project I am working on is an animation that has molten metal falling to
the ground and splashing into the shape of a manhole cover. The liquid would
stop flowing and the man hole cover would change from glowing metal to the
dull gray at completion.

Any ideas or should I just use brute force?

"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I am currently using liquid spray to create molten metal. I know I could
go
> in and add to it to make it do what I want but I am wondering if anyone
has
> updated it to 3.5 or made a different one. I need to put lights at points
> with in the flow. I was hoping to randomly pick centers of blobs to add
> lights to. I do not want to put lights at every blob. That would make the
> rendering to slow.
>
> The project I am working on is an animation that has molten metal falling
> the ground and splashing into the shape of a manhole cover. The liquid
would
> stop flowing and the man hole cover would change from glowing metal to the
> dull gray at completion.
>
> Any ideas or should I just use brute force?

If I understood you correctly a solution might be using radiosity and adding
an ambient component to the metal. In the animation the ambient value could
then be decreased. The only downside I can see is that it takes a lot of
time.

Post a reply to this message