POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : billboarding and vector functions Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  billboarding and vector functions (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jeff Nighbert
Subject: billboarding and vector functions
Date: 28 May 2002 12:32:47
Message: <3CF3B129.138D14C2@or.blm.gov>
Hi folks,
I am a new-bee and I need to know how to cause my objects to always
"face the camera"    (In other words I would like to have an image
texture on a plane be perpendicular to the camera at all times.(such as
trees, clouds, other texture images.)) I have tried several of the
vector functions, but I haven't come across the right one.  Could
someone help me or give me an example?
Jeff

Post a reply to this message

> I am a new-bee and I need to know how to cause my objects to always
> "face the camera"    (In other words I would like to have an image
> texture on a plane be perpendicular to the camera at all times.(such as
> trees, clouds, other texture images.)) I have tried several of the
> vector functions, but I haven't come across the right one.  Could
> someone help me or give me an example?

In POV-Ray 3.5 try 'Reorient_Trans()' from 'transforms.inc',
'camera_location - object_position' as Axis2 and the direction on the
object you want to face to the camera as Axis1.

You might also have a look at 'screen.inc' maybe that's just what you are
looking for.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,