POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *.tpn ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  *.tpn ? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: *.tpn ?
Date: 24 May 2002 08:59:16
Message: <3cee3924$1@news.povray.org>
using the linux-version of the latest 3.5Beta, I realized, that
there's a *.tpn-file in the output directory ...
What is this file supposed to store ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: *.tpn ?
Date: 24 May 2002 09:07:18
Message: <3cee3b06$1@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> using the linux-version of the latest 3.5Beta, I realized, that
> there's a *.tpn-file in the output directory ...
> What is this file supposed to store ?

It stores information to later be transmitted to the POV-team to analyse how
many errors your average scene contained.  It also stores your private
information, programs you used and web sites you visited to make sure you
used no program other than POV-Ray.

Other than that, it is harmless ;-)

    Thorsten

PS: For those who don't get the above answer: I don't know what it is doing
or how it got there.

Post a reply to this message

"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message
> using the linux-version of the latest 3.5Beta, I realized, that
> there's a *.tpn-file in the output directory ...
> What is this file supposed to store ?

What's in it?

Hmm,

t = Temp, Total
p = Pixel, temP, Progress
n = Nobody knows, Number

?

Post a reply to this message

Then let it answer the Linux/Unix guys ...

... but I found it out myself ...

it seems to be a temporary PNG-file ...

I'm rendering some animations on a remote machine, and use
the switches +fn +c +kfi +kff +kc ....

Post a reply to this message