POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slow photons in RC5 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Slow photons in RC5 (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Slow photons in RC5
Date: 26 May 2002 11:55:56
Message: <3cf1058c@news.povray.org>
In article <3CF0DA09.45CC12B5@aol.com> , Dave Dunn <poi### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>  Dismissing experimental
> evidence out of had without at least running a few tests is hardly scientific.

This has nothing to do with science, so your argument is pointless.  You have
to show that it isn't your mistake.  You can hardly expect everybody else to
try to debug the problems in your scenes...

I can come up with an endless number of scenes that will render slow or faster
with POV-Ray 3.5 compared to some randomly picked other version of POV-Ray be
it official or unofficial.  That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with
POV-Ray.  Just running or or two tests scenes is not suitable to try to
uncover a bug if there should be any.  Unless you come up with some more
substantial evidence (you know the requirements for bug reports) that the
problem isn't in the scene, there is no known problem.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message