POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Basic monitor calibration (it's too dark) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Basic monitor calibration (it's too dark) (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Subject: Basic monitor calibration (it's too dark)
Date: 16 May 2002 10:31:18
Message: <3CE3C2D9.BFC9FE4@luxlab.com>
Have you seen too dark images posted to binaries.images?
Have you posted an image to binaries.images and received
comments on it being too dark?

Your monitor may need adjusting to display both light and
dark tones properly. This test image is for basic monitor
calibration. http://luxlab.com/ref/calibrate.gif

When working with images it's good to minimise reflections
on the screen and keep the ambient light level comfortably
low. This will maximise the range of tones visible on the
screen when the monitor is also calibrated to the current
ambient light situation.

Kari Kivisalo

Post a reply to this message