POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Basic monitor calibration (it's too dark) : Re: Basic monitor calibration Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic monitor calibration
From: Hugo
Date: 17 May 2002 17:42:50
Message: <3ce5795a@news.povray.org>
> I'm used to 75 Hz, so I can't tell what is causing more trouble for me --
> the flickering, or the fact that everything is so dark.

I use 75 hertz too and it doesn't flicker (my eyes already damaged?  ;o)
okay it's not something to joke about!).. But the flicker depends on the
monitors glow-time.. Also the contrast setting seems to have a strong
influence, because with low contrast and a dark room, 75 hertz is very
pleasant to the eyes.

I've looked at screens many hours a day for 18 years, and still don't have
any problems. The secret is probably that you stop when your eyes becomes
tired.

Hugo