POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Beveled text and sweeps Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  Beveled text and sweeps (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: PovRAY
Subject: Beveled text and sweeps
Date: 9 May 2002 18:14:26
Message: <3cdaf4c2@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to get *beveled* truetype fonts or sweeps in Pov-Ray ? And if
so , how?

Thanks

Colin

Post a reply to this message

From: jkb
Subject: Re: Beveled text and sweeps
Date: 9 May 2002 21:00:56
Message: <3cdb1bc8$1@news.povray.org>
> Is it possible to get *beveled* truetype fonts or sweeps in Pov-Ray ? And
if
> so , how?

Directly in Pov-Ray, no (as far as I know). You could do this sort of thing
in Wings (http://www.wings3d.com). It's a freeware subD modeler, and does
text. It even has a bevel command for lines that could give your the effect
you're looking for.

John

Post a reply to this message