POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : duty cycle feature Server Time
19 May 2024 18:37:25 EDT (-0400)
  duty cycle feature (Message 21 to 21 of 21)
Subject: Re: duty cycle feature
Date: 6 May 2002 05:54:58
Message: <cn9cdukaimkv0l3ef39gl52mjit6lrm14i@4ax.com>
On Sat, 4 May 2002 15:54:06 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> Did anyone ever read the docs for the newish 'Duty Cycle' feature
> in POVWIN, and wonder why specifically I put it in ?

yes

> Did you wonder perhaps that there was a specific reason ?

This is well explained in documentation however it ispired me for some
decision week ago. For some machines near me I have to pause pov from 8 to 18
(day activity of company) and unpase it from 18 to 8 (night inactivity).
Controlling it via level priority or duty cycles is not enough becouse
sometimes miliseconds are important in our case. So I plan to prepare for
myself some kind of crone feature inside winpov when source will be available.

ABX