POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bitmaps for heightfields Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Bitmaps for heightfields (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Alastair Murray
Subject: Bitmaps for heightfields
Date: 26 Apr 2002 14:21:21
Message: <3cc99aa1$1@news.povray.org>
I am using M$ Paint to create a bitmap and then Photoshop to do a Gausian
Blur on this image to smooth everything out so as I have some nice hills.  I
have no problem with the x and z resolutions (6000*6000 is probally a bit
over the top for my purposes, but what the hell) but the y resolution is
limited to 256 levels (8 bit greyscale).  I would much prefer this to be
16bit greyscale but Photoshop won't do the Gausian Blur (or any blurs for
that matter) when I set this pixel depth to this.

Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thanks Alot, Aly.

Post a reply to this message