POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ZoomIn include file Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  ZoomIn include file (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Slime
Subject: ZoomIn include file
Date: 25 Apr 2002 12:43:58
Message: <3cc8324e$1@news.povray.org>
I'm working on an include file that will let you zoom in on an image.

You know how sometimes you want to look at just a piece of what you're
working on, so you shift-click and drag an area of the screen (Windows
version only I think)? Then sometimes, you just can't get enough detail in
that area to get a good idea of what's going on in it?

The macro that is the main part of this include file takes equivalents of
the command line arguments, and actually zooms in on the selected area of
the image. For instance, you might add this to the end of a scene file:

#include "zoomin.inc"
Update_Camera_Zoom(<1,2,-3>, 0, "+sc0.288221 +sr0.326633 +ec0.538847
+er0.683417")

First argument is camera position, second is look_at point, third argument
tells it what part of the image to zoom in on.

After using this macro, you would no longer need to include the command line
parameters in the command line, because it will take the given section of
the image and expand it to the entire image size (preserving the aspect
ratio if you so choose). The zoomed area should look *exactly* the same as
it does in the regular image, only with a higher resolution.

It only works with perspective cameras, and you have the ability to set more
information about the camera if you want (sky, angle, etc). I also plan to
make it easier to use if you're using screen.inc in the same scene file.

My question: has this already been done, and if not, is there a high demand
for it? Would *you* use it?

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> My question: has this already been done, and if not, is there a high
demand
> for it? Would *you* use it?

Yes, I'd use it!!
No, I haven't seen this done before.