POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Overexposed? Post Processing of POV images. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Overexposed? Post Processing of POV images. (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Re: Overexposed? Post Processing of POV images.
Date: 22 Apr 2002 17:58:36
Message: <3cc4878c@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message
> what he probably meant is, that there is
> also a glow-postprocess option in Megapov
>
> please check the docs ...

Ah yes, so there is.. my mistake. It's been a long time since I used
MegaPOV, and I had forgotten about it.

Andy

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Holding
Date: 23 Apr 2002 04:10:29
Message: <3cc516f5@news.povray.org>
"Andrew Cocker" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how I can achieve the 'overexposed' glow that occurs on
> bright white areas of an image? Any tutorials you know of? I don't have
> Photoshop, but I do have Paint Shop Pro 7. A batch processing solution
would
> be even better.

A super simple solution:

Duplicate the original layer.  Set the duplicated layer's mode to Dodge and
adjust it's opacity to fit.

Bit more involved:

Duplicate the original layer.  In PSP 7, go to Effects > Edge > Dilate.
Then Effects > Blur > Gaussian Blur of about 7.  Then set the duplicated
layer's mode to Screen or Dodge and adjust the opacity to fit.

As far as I know, you need Image Robot to do batch image processing work in
PSP.  You might want to try and use IrfanView (www.irfanview.com).  It has
batch processing, but only rudimentary image processing functions, such as
Brightness, Gamma, Contrast, etc.

Alan.

Post a reply to this message