POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:01 EDT (-0400)
  Povray wishlist (Message 31 to 40 of 67)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Povray wishlist
Date: 18 Mar 2002 12:04:28
Message: <chrishuff-BBC773.12042718032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c960fd3@news.povray.org>, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk>
wrote:

> I took his ideas seriously. Some people thinks in a way we don't understand
> but it's not necessary to make fun of them and risk hurting them.

The parts about ASM and forward raytracing could be blamed on ignorance,
but the WinAmp plugin, Lego brick and Shreck primitives...well,
everything else about it gives it away as a joke, obviously enough that
no smileys are necessary. Laughing at someone's joke isn't making fun of
them.

> Maybe he is a boy.

This really doesn't look like it was written by some little kid. The
vocabulary and level of knowledge really doesn't match...how many
*adults* do you know who know about assembler, refraction,
dodecahedrons, buckyballs, and forward vs. backwards raytracing, or use
words like deprecated and intuitiveness?

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message