POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  looking for antialiasing critical scenes (Message 21 to 30 of 58)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
Date: 23 Feb 2002 21:30:28
Message: <3c785044@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" wrote:
> Maybe a smarter algorithm would be possible...if
> there are other high-brightness pixels nearby,
> you are at the edge of a bright object, so clip
> and supersample, otherwise supersample then clip.

I have had similar considerations, but have not managed to get any further
than wondering what method could be used. I don't think it will be trivial,
and there'll always be cases where you get an opposite behavior of what you
want.

If a smart behavior isn't possible, I prefer the current one. The current
method works the same way as if you rendered the image at huge resolution
and then scaled it down.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)