POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Rune
Date: 24 Feb 2002 08:36:50
Message: <3c78ec72@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" wrote:
> We are making _digital_ images. Even digital images of
> nature have been subject to aa or lpf at some point.

Photos are not subject to antialiasing I think. They are subject to focal
blur and probably other types of blurring that I don't know about. (Is that
what lpf mean?) But blurring has nothing to do with antialiasing. Blurring
(in nature) is resolution independent and covers many pixels, while
antialiasing is highly resolution dependent and has to do with individual
pixels.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)