POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simulating lens distortion Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  simulating lens distortion (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bill Brehm
Subject: simulating lens distortion
Date: 19 Jan 2002 00:22:36
Message: <3c49029c@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is there any way to simulate lens distortions such as barrel distortion and
pincushioning? I want to generate some purposely distorted images to verify
some equipment that is supposed to measure and correct for such distortions.

Thanks,

Bill

Post a reply to this message

"Bill Brehm" <bbr### [at] netzeronet> wrote in message

> Is there any way to simulate lens distortions such as barrel distortion
and
> pincushioning? I want to generate some purposely distorted images to
verify
> some equipment that is supposed to measure and correct for such
distortions.

Check into using a normal statement in the camera; bump_map, slope_map,
normal_map, or just a pattern might work okay.

bob h

Post a reply to this message

> Check into using a normal statement in the camera; bump_map, slope_map,
> normal_map, or just a pattern might work okay.

I didn't know you could texture the camera.. lol.  Got a long way to go.  =)

Chris Howie
cra### [at] yahoocom
http://winimizer.virtualave.net

Post a reply to this message