POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multi threaded??..... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Multi threaded??..... (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: No-One
Subject: Multi threaded??.....
Date: 21 Dec 2001 22:30:41
Message: <3c23fe61@news.povray.org>
Hey all, i'm new to POV, but i'm wondering why POVray doesn't use both of my
CPUs?  is there a setting i'm missing, or is it just not a multithreaded
application?  If its not, any chance of haveing this feature in latter
versions?
thanx
AsteriskMan

Post a reply to this message

> Hey all, i'm new to POV, but i'm wondering why POVray doesn't use both of my
> CPUs?  is there a setting i'm missing, or is it just not a multithreaded
> application?  If its not, any chance of haveing this feature in latter
> versions?
> thanx
> AsteriskMan

This should answer your question thoroughly -
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#multiprocessor

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> If its not, any chance of haveing this feature in latter
> versions?

take another guess......

--

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key