POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob based water system? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Blob based water system? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Ben Chambers
Subject: Blob based water system?
Date: 3 Dec 2001 10:15:54
Message: <3c0b972a$1@news.povray.org>
I had a thought last night (gasp!), but I have not yet had the chance to try
it out.  My thought was this:
Why not write a quick program in c++ to track water "molecules" (ok, they'd
be about a foot in diameter :) bouncing off of each other while floating
down a riverbed, and have it output the scene using a blob for the water?
Hopefully, this would give good results for the river surface.  Has anyone
experimented with this?  (I should be able to get to this later today, and
then I'll let you know what I come up with).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message