POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What abilites should a particle system have? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  What abilites should a particle system have? (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: What abilites should a particle system have?
Date: 2 Dec 2001 20:55:25
Message: <3C0ADB1F.66DD2EB7@gmx.de>
Hi there!

Well, I am programming a particle system for POV-Ray and have designed
in a fashion which makes
almost anything customizable (when I'm speaking of design, I mean
algorithms, it's text-based, like POV).

Now, what I was wondering:
What exactly should a particle system be able to handle? Not only do I
want to see if I can cover the
demands by checking if the macros can supply the needed basis for people
to program the algorithms using
the macros, but also, I think it would be great if one could have sort
of a check-list to see, what one should
think about to create an awesome particle system.
Hope you get the idea...

Well, I'll begin with something simple:
Particle-Systems should definitely have some sort of Emitter, e.g.
definable areas, in which the particles are born.

Post a reply to this message

Love to see some of this work. Happy to beta test if needed! Have a look at
the features of Illusion from Coolfun:
http://www.coolfun.com/illusion/index.htm

You can download the manual and see all the parameters they offer.
D..