POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path
Date: 2 Dec 2001 01:58:52
Message: <3c09d12c$1@news.povray.org>
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did do a search ..

I'm looking to animate some 'tank treads' - basically a series of objects
around a path, but the path may change as the bogey wheels go up and down.

I could probably settle for fixed bogey wheels ...

I thought I'd seen a macro that would take a path bounded by circular
regions and distribute items around it, but I can't seem to find that
anywhere.  The chain macro would help if I'm doing a german type of tank.

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't worked on this already ...

Any sugestions / links?

== John ==

Post a reply to this message

>Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did do a search ..
>
>I'm looking to animate some 'tank treads' - basically a series of objects
>around a path, but the path may change as the bogey wheels go up and down.
>
>I could probably settle for fixed bogey wheels ...
>
>I thought I'd seen a macro that would take a path bounded by circular
>regions and distribute items around it, but I can't seem to find that
>anywhere.  The chain macro would help if I'm doing a german type of tank.
>
>I'd be surprised if someone hasn't worked on this already ...

There's a "beltbuild" macro that does it for a belt around two wheels.
That's probably what you were thinking of.

I believe the macro is in "mopspatch.inc" which was at
<http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mops/atelier.htm> the last time I looked.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

"Belts" the one keyword I didn't think of!

== John ==

"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote in message
> Wasn't it John D. Gwinner who wrote:
> >Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did do a search ..
> >
> >I'm looking to animate some 'tank treads' - basically a series of objects
> >around a path, but the path may change as the bogey wheels go up and
down.

> >I could probably settle for fixed bogey wheels ...
> >
> >I thought I'd seen a macro that would take a path bounded by circular
> >regions and distribute items around it, but I can't seem to find that
> >anywhere.  The chain macro would help if I'm doing a german type of tank.
> >
> >I'd be surprised if someone hasn't worked on this already ...
>
> There's a "beltbuild" macro that does it for a belt around two wheels.
> That's probably what you were thinking of.
>
> I believe the macro is in "mopspatch.inc" which was at
> <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mops/atelier.htm> the last time I looked.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

Isn't there an english version of this??

> > I believe the macro is in "mopspatch.inc" which was at
> > <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mops/atelier.htm> the last time I looked.

Post a reply to this message

> Isn't there an english version of this??

Sure there is :)

http://www.dictionary.com/translate/

--
Ken Tyler