POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path : Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Tank Tread Macro - Object distribution along path
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 2 Dec 2001 01:58:52
Message: <3c09d12c$1@news.povray.org>
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I did do a search ..

I'm looking to animate some 'tank treads' - basically a series of objects
around a path, but the path may change as the bogey wheels go up and down.

I could probably settle for fixed bogey wheels ...

I thought I'd seen a macro that would take a path bounded by circular
regions and distribute items around it, but I can't seem to find that
anywhere.  The chain macro would help if I'm doing a german type of tank.

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't worked on this already ...

Any sugestions / links?

== John ==