POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AN IDEA: Blind shortest code contest! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  AN IDEA: Blind shortest code contest! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: AN IDEA: Blind shortest code contest!
Date: 27 Nov 2001 13:01:50
Message: <3C03C865.E87AB074@aol.com>
Here's an idea.  It is a possible way to "add content" to the 10best CD,
or at least will be a great fun way to advertise povray.

Everyone submits code to some server.
The server parses a 800x600 image, but doesn't tell anyone what the code
is or who did it.
There is voting on the best image where the voters have NO KNOWLEDGE OF
THE CODE!.

There are winners based on best image, and efficiency (image score wrt/
bytes-of-povray-code).

Start thinking.  (If you want to do this, don't post your code to
p.b.i!)

POSSIBLE USES OF THIS MATERIAL:
1) Add to 10best.raytrace.com CD if we come up short on images.
2) "Someone's private web page for fun"  (Me, Rune, whoever wants to
host!).

Again, this would advertise an area where povray puts those
MB-of-meshes,  expensive render packages to shame...

Post a reply to this message