POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Development Process Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Development Process (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chris Jeppesen
Subject: Development Process
Date: 1 Nov 2001 20:19:06
Message: <3be1f48a$1@news.povray.org>
To most of us, the mere mortal POV-Ray users, it is as if Pov appears
magically on the web site, created from nothing by no one. There is no
apparent discussion at all by the POV-Team members, at least as far as I
have been able to see, concerning the actual process of writing code. And
yet, there is clearly something going on there behind the curtain. Changes
have numbers assigned to them, bugs are fixed, new beta's are released, our
requests for new features are denied :) and so on.

Would someone on the development team care to elaborate on the process which
brings us this magnificent program? What methods do you use to discuss
changes, track bugs, and convert the work of dozens of coders into one
coherent program?

Best of all would be some kind of read-only "spectator" access to whatever
forum the developers use.

Pretty please?! Can we see behind the scenes?

Chris Jeppesen

Post a reply to this message