POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobman 5.0? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Blobman 5.0? (Message 10 to 19 of 39)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Re: Blobman 5.0?
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:30:41
Message: <3bcc3681@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

> "Nekar Xenos" <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote :
> >
> > I don't know if it's marketable enough to make a living off it. I always
> see
> > these poor-looking people on the streets drawing faces - maybe it's
> different in
> > the US?
>
>     No, we have those too, but the guys who know what they are doing don't
> go near the street. The street is for practice maybe. What you do is market
> yourself to ugly people who have money and want heirlooms.
>
> > I do a few drawings every now and then. I work with oil pastels or
> > coloured pencils. I can also do acrylic paintings, I could do oil but I
> can't
> > take those fumes...
>
>     Get an exhaust fan.
>
> > The notsopretty faces take longer to do though and I couldn't change my
> price
> > depending on how nice the face looks...
>
>     Well set the price high to begin with. Some people won't hire you no
> matter how skilled you are unless you charge them three time as much as is
> reasonable.
>
>     Actually I was just sort of joking, but the principle is true. If you
> can give people what they want, you can charge what they can pay, so aim
> yourself at people who can pay the most.

Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.

- Nekar

---

From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:32:15
Message: <3bcc36df$1@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote :

> >     Actually I was just sort of joking, but the principle is true. If
you
> > can give people what they want, you can charge what they can pay, so aim
> > yourself at people who can pay the most.
> >
> Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.

    If you get rich and famous, remember who it was that changed you life.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:40:18
Message: <3bcc38c2@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote :

> > Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.
>
>     If you get rich and famous, remember who it was that changed you life.

    Oh... But if you blow your savings and estrange your family and friends,
your on your own....

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 16 Oct 2001 10:11:30
Message: <3bcc4012@news.povray.org>

> "Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote :
> > > >
> > > Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.
> >
> >     If you get rich and famous, remember who it was that changed you life.
>
>     Oh... But if you blow your savings and estrange your family and friends,
> your on your own....

Reminds me of the multi-millionaire that paid cash to build a sky-scraper. He
died as a boozing hobo on the streets.

- Nekar

---