POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question to Kari about his glassware Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Question to Kari about his glassware (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: JRG
Subject: Question to Kari about his glassware
Date: 10 Oct 2001 14:48:22
Message: <3bc497f6@news.povray.org>
Hi Kari,

I noticed you did not use any specular higlights in your glass textures. Are
you doing so because specular highlights do not exist in RL and you are
leaving the work to real reflections? I'm asking so since I know you are one
of the most *phisically correct* pov users... ;)
Are there any raytracing packages that do not fake highlights and make them
visible according to the phisical properties of the material?
I hope I was clear (today English does not seem to be my strong point...).

TIA,

--
Jonathan

Post a reply to this message