POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  problem (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: JRG
Subject: Re: problem
Date: 8 Oct 2001 16:15:39
Message: <3bc2096b@news.povray.org>
Dave Dunn wrote:

>The keyword "color" is an
> artifact of an earlier version of POV-Ray.

How this?
I wouldn't define the keyword "color" an artifact. The problem here is
simply that color 1= color rgbft 1 so that the object is completely
transparent.

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Dunn
Date: 8 Oct 2001 16:20:27
Message: <3BC20A9D.1D678E1C@aol.com>
JRG wrote:

> How this?
> I wouldn't define the keyword "color" an artifact. The problem here is
> simply that color 1= color rgbft 1 so that the object is completely
> transparent.

Allow me to clarify my remarks. Up until POV-Ray 2.2, I believe, the
"color" keyword was required when creating a color definition. Since this
is no longer the case, the keyword, in povese, has been deprecated.

Post a reply to this message

Are you saying that every time I wrote #declare gold = color rgb <1,.6,.2>;
I was wasting my time? Oh my god... and I'm still alive?
;-)

Yet I wouldn't define it an *artifact*. Obsolete syntax is a better
definition IMO.

--
Jonathan.

"Dave Dunn" <poi### [at] aolcom> ha scritto nel messaggio

> JRG wrote:
>
> > How this?
> > I wouldn't define the keyword "color" an artifact. The problem here is
> > simply that color 1= color rgbft 1 so that the object is completely
> > transparent.
>
> Allow me to clarify my remarks. Up until POV-Ray 2.2, I believe, the
> "color" keyword was required when creating a color definition. Since this
> is no longer the case, the keyword, in povese, has been deprecated.

Post a reply to this message

> Are you saying that every time I wrote #declare gold = color rgb
<1,.6,.2>;
> I was wasting my time?

    Only in that <1,.6,.2> is a horrid gold.

Post a reply to this message

> Allow me to clarify my remarks. Up until POV-Ray 2.2, I believe, the
> "color" keyword was required when creating a color definition. Since this
> is no longer the case, the keyword, in povese, has been deprecated.

But bear in mind the following thing:

pigment { color rgb 1 }
pigment { rgb 1 }
pigment { color 1 }

all work (although differ), but

pigment { 1 }

does not.

So you can't really say the 'color' keyword is no more required in all
cases.

Also it isn't deprecated since that would mean it is suggested to no more
use it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>