POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem : Re: problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Oct 2001 16:50:07
Message: <3BC2123B.75D3A344@gmx.de>
Dave Dunn wrote:

> Allow me to clarify my remarks. Up until POV-Ray 2.2, I believe, the
> "color" keyword was required when creating a color definition. Since this
> is no longer the case, the keyword, in povese, has been deprecated.

But bear in mind the following thing:

pigment { color rgb 1 }
pigment { rgb 1 }
pigment { color 1 }

all work (although differ), but

pigment { 1 }

does not.

So you can't really say the 'color' keyword is no more required in all
cases.

Also it isn't deprecated since that would mean it is suggested to no more
use it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>