POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Minor change request for Pov? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Minor change request for Pov? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ben Chambers
Subject: Minor change request for Pov?
Date: 7 Sep 2001 12:42:01
Message: <3b98f8d9@news.povray.org>
Hmm, I find the default quickres.ini a bit restrictive, I prefer to have
various sizes and aspect ratios (ie square, 4x3, 3x2, 16x9, 2x1 etc).
Perhaps it could be modified to support more ratios?  That being the case,
the little window in POV-Win that shows the current selection would have to
be larger, so you could see the full description...

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> Hmm, I find the default quickres.ini a bit restrictive, I prefer to have
> various sizes and aspect ratios (ie square, 4x3, 3x2, 16x9, 2x1 etc).
> Perhaps it could be modified to support more ratios?  That being the case,

I'm sure you can manage to do this ... try hitting the 'edit' button on the
render settings dialog.

> the little window in POV-Win that shows the current selection would have to
> be larger, so you could see the full description...

ummmmm ... what's so hard about dragging the window wider, that we should have
to code a solution for you ?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > Hmm, I find the default quickres.ini a bit restrictive, I prefer to have
> > various sizes and aspect ratios (ie square, 4x3, 3x2, 16x9, 2x1 etc).
> > Perhaps it could be modified to support more ratios?  That being the case,
>
> I'm sure you can manage to do this ... try hitting the 'edit' button on the
> render settings dialog.
>
> > the little window in POV-Win that shows the current selection would have to
> > be larger, so you could see the full description...
>
> ummmmm ... what's so hard about dragging the window wider, that we should have
> to code a solution for you ?
>
> -- Chris

A bit of advice...

People should ask if something is possible before putting in a feature request.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> > "Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > > Hmm, I find the default quickres.ini a bit restrictive, I prefer to
have
> > > various sizes and aspect ratios (ie square, 4x3, 3x2, 16x9, 2x1 etc).
> > > Perhaps it could be modified to support more ratios?  That being the
case,

> > I'm sure you can manage to do this ... try hitting the 'edit' button on
the
> > render settings dialog.

Of course I can (and do) edit my own, I was referring to the one that comes
with POV by default.

> > > the little window in POV-Win that shows the current selection would
have to
> > > be larger, so you could see the full description...
> >
> > ummmmm ... what's so hard about dragging the window wider, that we
should have
> > to code a solution for you ?
> >
> > -- Chris

Well, I'm so used to MS apps that I didn't realize you could resize the
combo-box... Sorry <g>

> A bit of advice...
>
> People should ask if something is possible before putting in a feature
request.

> --
> Ken Tyler

Point taken.