POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read Annoyance Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  #read Annoyance (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: m1j
Subject: #read Annoyance
Date: 8 Jan 2004 10:50:01
Message: <web.3ffd7b1d22abf9134e1f4eb10@news.povray.org>
I am not sure if there is a work around for my problem but here goes:
I am trying to read a text file and then parse out both string and vector
information.
#read produces an error any time it finds something not in quotes. The files
I am reading have other characters that I want to read in as text but their
not in quotes in the file. It is a large files and not always will I be
able to edit just to put quotes around everything. Is there a way for
povray to read a standard ASCII file into string variables line at a time
with out quotes being in the file?

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way for povray to read a standard ASCII file into
> string variables line at a time with out quotes being in the file?

No. Unless you modify the source-code for POV-Ray and make your own binary.
I've requested such a feature before, but it's unclear wether it will make
it into POV.

I think it had something to do with platform-independancy, so it wouldn't
work.

I know it's annoying sometimes.

Regards,
Hugo