POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read Annoyance : Re: #read Annoyance Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read Annoyance
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Jan 2004 13:13:10
Message: <3b7rvvgi8bdt90o67n0s5uj46b5vhj3ot2@4ax.com>
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:56:31 +0100, "Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk>
wrote:

>No. Unless you modify the source-code for POV-Ray and make your own binary.
>I've requested such a feature before, but it's unclear wether it will make
>it into POV.

Unlikely.

>I think it had something to do with platform-independancy, so it wouldn't
>work.

It's more a security issue.

Anyway, a more or less simple way of doing that is to use a
PRE_SCENE_COMMAND that parses the file in question and converts it to
a format that POV-Ray can read. Easier than patching POV anyway :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg