POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000 (Message 37 to 46 of 46)
From: Dave Dunn
Subject: Re: License Violation: 3D Render Studio 2000
Date: 14 Aug 2001 22:49:27
Message: <3B79E36B.FDACC527@aol.com>
David Fontaine wrote:

> >If they're in Florida, they can do whatever they want.

Snow skiing might be a bit out of range, but other than that...

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 15 Aug 2001 03:56:37
Message: <3b7a2b35@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3b79a8a9@news.povray.org...
>   Isn't there any way of reporting this kind of crime without having to go
> through all the trouble of hiring an expensive lawyer and so on?

My understanding is that the USPTO gets quite cross when folks claim they have
a mark when they don't. I believe they have prosecuted before. The fact that
the claimed mark is being used in a barely-legal venture by a company that
doesn't seem to want to be found could probably also help.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message