POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3.5 status Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.5 status (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Disnel
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.5 status
Date: 7 Aug 2001 10:07:48
Message: <3B6FF99B.3040407@hlavacek-partner.cz>
G.R.E.A.T, thanks.

Disnel

Post a reply to this message

From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 7 Aug 2001 13:25:54
Message: <3B702523.1010208@iol.it>
Chris Cason wrote:

> a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much sooner than
> that).

Well, even taking into slippages, it means that POV3.5 will be at least
in beta by Christmas... oh THANKS A LOT, now, al last, I can do some
planning!

Thank you again ;-)

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
www.geocities.com/alexcoppo/

Post a reply to this message

From: Sebastian Holtermann
Date: 7 Aug 2001 15:57:13
Message: <3b704819$1@news.povray.org>
This makes my sleep a bit deeper.
Thankyou for the update.

Sebastian H.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rick Gutleber
Date: 9 Aug 2001 23:43:38
Message: <3b73586a@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the update, Chris!  I was recalling making bug reports for 3.0
when it was in beta.  That was an exciting time, and then I realized that
was _five_ years ago!  Despite being a point 5 release, I suspect this
release will almost as much a step up as it was from 1.x to 2.0.

As a user since POV 0.5, I am greatly endebted to you and the whole team for
such a wonderful, amazing tool!

Rick

"Chris Cason" <newsadmin@-despam-povray.org> wrote in message
> POV-Ray 3.5 is approaching the stage where we will have a public release
available.
> It has been under private pre-beta for the past four months with a group
of users
> selected from these newsgroups.
>
> The only thing stopping us releasing a public beta right now (apart from
some small
> bugs) is getting the docs, include files, and scene files finished and
upgraded to
> the 3.5 standard. And in fact most of this is done as well, so it's fair
to say that
> a release is not far away (no more than eight weeks, and probably much
sooner than
> that).
>
> Our attitude is that a public beta should be exactly that - a beta-test,
which is
> to find bugs. It should be feature-complete and in more or less the form
that the
> final official release will be in, which means that the above docs, scene
files etc
> must be complete. Please bear with us for a while longer.
>
> -- Chris Cason
>    POV-Team

Post a reply to this message