POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bicycle model? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Bicycle model? (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Bicycle model?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 11:32:36
Message: <3b4dc314$1@news.povray.org>
I need a bicycle model to do an image for a friend's bicycle club
(non-profit). Does anyone have one they can share?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: Bicycle model?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 11:41:36
Message: <slrn9krh9m.grl.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:31:42 -0400, Bill DeWitt wrote:
>    I need a bicycle model to do an image for a friend's bicycle club
>(non-profit). Does anyone have one they can share?

If Dan Connelly is still around, he might be able to help you out.  The
email address on his web page is djc### [at] flashnet, and you can see his
bike at http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/POV/bike.jpg but unless I'm mistaken,
he hasn't posted here in a very long time.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L __}cylinder{L P __}#end#macro P(_1)union{R(z+_ z)R(-z _-z)
R(_-z*3_+z)torus{1__ clipped_by{plane{_ 0}}}translate z+_1}#end#macro S(_)9-(_1-

Post a reply to this message

"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> If Dan Connelly is still around, he might be able to help you out.  The
> email address on his web page is djc### [at] flashnet, and you can see his
> bike at http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/POV/bike.jpg but unless I'm
mistaken,
> he hasn't posted here in a very long time.

    Thanks. Waiting to see if the email bounces...

Post a reply to this message

>     I need a bicycle model to do an image for a friend's bicycle club
> (non-profit). Does anyone have one they can share?

What kind of quality do you need? I have a mesh of a street bike but
it's a little rough...

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> >     I need a bicycle model to do an image for a friend's bicycle club
> > (non-profit). Does anyone have one they can share?
>
> What kind of quality do you need? I have a mesh of a street bike but
> it's a little rough...

    Um... at this point? Any quality as long as it looks like a ten speed
bicycle at 1280x1024

Post a reply to this message

> "Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message
> news:3B4### [at] pacbellnet...
> >

> > Bill DeWitt wrote:
> > >
> > >     I need a bicycle model to do an image for a friend's bicycle club
> > > (non-profit). Does anyone have one they can share?
> >
> > What kind of quality do you need? I have a mesh of a street bike but
> > it's a little rough...
>
>     Um... at this point? Any quality as long as it looks like a ten speed
> bicycle at 1280x1024

I'll zip it and sent it along and you can decide for yourself.
Look at the bottom of the file for the object parts and textures.
It's ready to render but I never did do more than take a look at
it to see if I liked it.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message